Each week a variety of homemade cakes and pastries are available. These are produced by a number of cooks, all holding a current Food Hygiene Certificate.
The usual variety includes Meringues and Cream Slices, which are kept cool on techni-ice sheets.
There are always a good choice of:
- Plain sponges with jam and/or cream
- Decorated chocolate or walnut and coffee
- Lemon/orange drizzle cakes
- Decorated fairy cakes
A wide range of loaf cakes are always available, and usually includes:
- Seed cake
- Fruit cakes
- Fruit pies (depending on the season)
- Jam tarts
- Bake well tarts
- Mince pies (at Christmas)